2013-2014 BUS ROUTES
- IF IT IS BEFORE 8:00 AM OR AFTER 4:00 PM AND YOU ARE TRYING TO LOCATE YOUR STUDENT'S BUS, PLEASE CONTACT
FIRST STUDENT DIRECTLY AT 203-855-1870
Transportation is provided based on a families officially registered address at the school. Students living outside of the state required eligibility limits will receive transportation.
Transportation is provided for:
- Students in Kindergarten through Grade 3 who live more than 1 mile from the school
- Students in Grade 4 through Grade 8 who live more than 1 1/2 miles from the school
- Students in Grade 9 through Grade 12 who live more than 2 miles from school
Eligibility limits are measured from the property line of the families home shortest distance to the property line of the school. A walking linear measurement wheel is used to measure the distance in feet and is then converted to mileage. A car odometer reading or GPS navigation are not state accepted tools for measuring eligibility as tire size, wheel base and odometers vary on vehicles. If you are not certain of eligibility please contact your school office for further information.
Students are required to be at bus stops 15 minutes prior to the scheduled arrival time, this is to ensure ample time for the routes. A bus can arrive up to 15 minutes after scheduled arrival time and still be considered "on time" at the school. During the first few weeks of school it is important for students to adhere to this policy. As the weeks go by and the community becomes adjusted to the opening of school the actual arrival time will be closer to schedule.
Please keep in mind that although we do our best to keep open lines of communication with families, that routes are subject to change at anytime without prior notification.
Please make sure you check out all of the available forms below and all correspondence and requests must be sent in writing to:
- Norwalk Public Schools
- Transportation Department
- 125 East Avenue - P.O. Box 6001
- Norwalk, CT 06852